GibbsCAM Production Milling
Free-form Geometry Creation
- Whether you start with imported geometry or need to create your own geometry, GibbsCAM Production Milling's free-from geometry capabilities provide a powerful means to create and edit geometry for machining. GibbsCAM's graphical user interface infers what operations you want to perform based on the elements selection dramatically streamlining interactions with the system. Auto-chaining eliminates the need to continually stop the work flow to trim and connect geometry.
Graphical Tool Definition
- GibbsCAM Production Milling's graphical user interface to define tools shows the user key dimensions to allow easy and error-free tooling creation. The system supports a wide variety of predefined tool types as well as user-defined form tools.
- GibbsCAM Production Milling allows you to select geometry once and to apply multiple machining operations, such as a series of rough, semi-rough, finish passes, to it all at one time. The resulting processes are associated to each other as well as the original geometry allowing updates to be easily accommodated.
- GibbsCAM Production Milling allows processes (including Multi-Process Processes) and associated tooling to be saved and re-used between programs. A knowledge base library of process/tooling can be developed from a shop's best machining practices improving programming efficiency, program consistency and part quality.
Full 2/2.5-Axis Programming
- GibbsCAM Production Milling provides a full range of functionality for defining processes for efficiently machining 2- and 2.5-axis parts from geometry.
Advanced Pocketing Routines
- GibbsCAM Production Milling's advanced pocketing routines supports machining open-sided pockets as well pilot and/or auto pocket corner drill pockets with unlimited islands or bosses. You can specify whether or not you want to machine pockets breadth first or depth first. Pocketing machining strategies supported include: Auto Plunge, User Plunge, Ramp, Periphery Ramp and Helix.
- GibbsCAM Production Milling supports a wide range of Boring (bore, fine bore, backbore) and Drilling sub-routines ensuring that hole making operations are as efficient as possible.
GibbsCAM Production Milling supports 2-axis through simple 3-axis wireframe machining with full functionality for contouring, pocketing with unlimited bosses/islands, thread milling, face milling, 2D/3D spiral creation, drilling with support for many drill cycles, tapping, and boring. Simple 4th-axis positioning is also supported. Automatic cycles for face milling, such as spiral, zig-zag, back and forth and one direction, allow material to be cleaned off the top of a part. GibbsCAM Production Milling provides easy-to-use, powerful programming capability for your machine tools.